- Got up at 5:50, for some reason
- (The reason was lower abdominal pain, solved by going to the bathroom. Ah, weight loss surgery)
- Had protein shake and morning meds
- Poked around online until around 8:30
- Snuggled with Sean for awhile, as he was not feeling well
- Took a shower at around 10, then got dressed
- Started the laundry
- Spent a bit more time online
- Put darks in dryer and whites in washer
- Went to my doctor’s office to get some paperwork
- Picked up a protein bistro box and chai latte on my way home
- Got home at around 12:30
- Cleaned up all the paperwork in my office:
- Sorted medical stuff into three different file folders
- Sorted receipts and memories into baggies
- Sorted retirement stuff into a pile that I don’t know what to do with
- Finally started eating my lunch at around 1
- Took the darks out of the dryer and sorted them in the laundry basket (usually I do this on the bed but Sean was in there sleeping)
- Put the whites in the dryer and the couch cover and blanket in the washer
- Continued reading online and talking with people
- Sean got up and I snuggled him a little; he was feeling better
- Made the bed and put the laundry on it
- Sorted and folded the laundry and put it away
I am tired.
- Read a work-in-progress fanfic for someone (but did not actually proof it this time)
- Put the couch cover back on the couch
- Watched the four currently available episodes of the fifth season of Natsume Yuujinchou with Sean (they were so good!)
- Cooked dinner, a HelloFresh meal of Honey and Orange Chicken Jambalaya
Have I talked about HelloFresh here? Ah, yes, I see I mentioned it a few times, first on Day 1. Well. Basically it is a grocery service where they send you recipes and ingredients for meals. When I first started it my heart hadn’t failed yet and I did manage to do pretty well for awhile. But I started slipping, and then we had three guests in a row (Ally, Kathryn, and Celena), and I put HelloFresh on “pause” for several weeks. Then the heart failure happened. I ended up unable to cook nearly two weeks of meals and had to throw the food away, so I put it on pause again. This past Saturday was my first week back, and I hadn’t cooked a single one of the three meals until today. Another box arrives tomorrow.
I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to do this or not, especially when I start back at work. But staying low sodium while eating out is ridiculously hard. I want to at least try to cook meals at home.
Anyway, tonight’s meal wasn’t too strenuous (there were only two vegetables to dice, the chicken went in the oven, and then everything else just went in a pot on the stove), and it was delicious.
I have a leftover orange half that I might eat tomorrow.
- Ate dinner at my desk while reading stuff online
- Got back to working on one of my fanfics
- Went to bed around 10pm