Saw a questionnaire over on slackv’s blog, so of course I have to take it, even though many of the questions are repeats from other questionnaires I’ve taken.
1. What is your occupation? Unemployed loser
2. What are you listening to right now? The two fans in the office, and the air conditioning, and the sound of my typing [dup]
3. What was the last thing you ate? Two Filet O’ Fish sandwiches, and fries. ;P
4. Do you wish on stars? I haven’t in awhile. Haven’t seen a shooting star in awhile, and those are the ones I wish on. [dup]
5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle ;P [dup]
6. How is the weather right now? Hot, though marginally less hot than it was yesterday–I know because my car actually deigned to start. [dup]
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? The woman in charge of my internship paperwork. [dup]
8. How old are you today? 27
9. Favorite drink? Water, because it doesn’t have calories :P [dup]
10. Favorite sport to watch? Nothing. I tend to change the channel after about 20 seconds. [dup]
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes. When I was at GSP, I wanted to dye my hair “auburn” (you know, like Anne of Green Gables–anything Anne wanted was ideal to me). However, my hair is blond. Adding red hair dye did not make it auburn. At first it was just kind of strawberry-blond, and then I went swimming and it turned pink. Fortunately, I thought this was cool.
12. Do you wear contacts? I used to, but they’re, like, old now. Someday I should really go to the optometrist again. I’m sure I need a new prescription. [dup]
13. Pets? No pets; Sean considers them too much of a hassle, and I’m fine with not having to clean up after anything but him. [dup]
14. Favorite months? It depends on where I am. I’ll just say, generally, that I love weather that breathes change. Northern Hemisphere-centric: Spring and fall are great, and I love the first cold snap, the first snow. I’m not a fan of the hot summer months because it’s hard to get out and do anything, although that limitation applies here in the South more than it does elsewhere.
15. What inspires you? I wish more things inspired me to act. As it is, I’ll get fed up with a situation and only then put out a burst of activity to shape things up. The rest of the time, when I feel inspired, I am mainly only inspired to appreciate things, like a good story. I don’t usually end up doing anything about it, other than perhaps gushing 5 million times on my blog (cf. any posts about Kyou Kara Maou). Beauty in general is inspiring, but again, it’s wasted on me.
16. What is the last movie you watched? Last night I watched The Wedding Singer with Adam Sandler. I started watching John Carpenter and Dan O’Bannon’s Dark Star, but it put me straight to sleep, so I switched off. The most recent movie I’ve seen in the theater is Batman Begins, which I highly recommend. It feels like a serial, but in a good way.
17. Favorite day of the year? I don’t really have one. I have always loved Christmas, so that’s up there for me; I always try to make that a special time. I also always remember March 25, my “bone marrow birthday”. My regular birthday is really only special to me, and while I try to recognize it each year, I’m losing the will to continue. Who cares? January 4, the day Sean and I got married, is also a special day, but we don’t really do anything to celebrate other than go out to dinner. I kind of feel like any day can be special, and that holidays and anniversaries are fairly arbitrary. If you enjoyed a particular day, why can’t that be your favorite day of the year? (Today, by the way, is most certainly not my favorite day.)
18. What do you do to vent anger? I seem to be pretty passive-aggressive, but I’ve been trying to work on it. There is something I’m angry about right now that I have no idea how to deal with, though. [dup]
19. What was your favorite toy as a child? Brownie. [dup]
20. Fall or spring? That’s hard! I love them both! I think, at this moment, that I will choose fall, but I don’t know if that would always be my answer.
21. Hugs or kisses? I said hugs before, and I think I’ll stand by that. After all, anybody can give you a hug, which means they’re multi-purpose. I am uncomfortable with receiving kisses from anyone other than a very select few, on the other hand. [dup]
22. Cherry or blueberry? Blueberry
23. Do you want your friends to mail you back? If they want to.
24. Who is most likely to respond? I dunno, Dawn likes doing these things.
25. Who is least likely to respond? Pretty much everyone, because this quiz is such a dup. [dup]
26. When was the last time you cried? I almost cried this morning. My period seemed to have begun yesterday, but then nothing seemed to be happening. It’s very obnoxious to be unclear about whether or not you’re having your period. So this morning I went to the bathroom and saw nothing on my pad, and I started thinking–yes, you know what’s coming, and yes, I realize this is getting old–maybe I’m pregnant. However, this time, instead of trying to steel myself for the worst, instead of trying to talk myself out of my foolish hopes, I actually stopped, clasped my hands together, and prayed, “Please let me be pregnant. I’ve never wanted anything as much as I want this, right now.”
Then I wiped, and there was blood.
As I was leaving McDonald’s today, I thought to myself (again) that I only want to be pregnant so I can hide from life. That I’ve been given an opportunity. That I’m supposed to do something great. I’m scared of that. I’m scared of being responsible for greatness in my own life. It would be so much easier for me to devote my life to someone else.
27. What is on the floor in your closet? Shoes, laundry baskets, purses, and duffel bags. There is organization, I tell you!
28. Who is the friend you’ve had the longest? AJ. He was my best friend, of sorts, when we were growing up. We grew apart, mostly due to my own snobbiness, during middle and high school, but after my first year of college and my ordeal with cancer we became close again, and I am really happy about that.
29. What did you do last night? Umm…watched Friends, ate dinner, sat around pouting, ate ice cream.
30. Favorite smell? Right now, it’s a tie between the smell of a fresh spring day, and the slightly fishy smell that reminds me of trips to Uncle Lewis’ place near Lake Cumberland. [dup]
31. What are you afraid of? Never being able to live in Japan, never accomplishing anything, failure, never being able to have children, and watching the people I love die. [dup]
32. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Not sure I’ve ever had a spicy hamburger, so I’ll have to go with “cheese” for now.
33. Favorite Car? Right now I’m a big fan of PT Cruisers, but really, anything that is fairly small and cute. Like slackv, I’d prefer air conditioning, but my current car doesn’t have it…
34. Favorite dog breed? I like big dogs with wolfish features. We grew up with a Belgian Malinois named Misho, so I’ve always idealized that breed.
35. Number of keys on your key ring? Three keys (ignition/door, glove box, and gas cap) on the car ring, four (apartment, Sean’s parents’ house, my parents’ house, apartment workout room) on the “other” ring. They connect to each other by one of those fake climbing thingies. I also have nail clippers and a pool pass on my “other” ring, and a tire air pressure gauge on my car ring.
And Now You Know.
36. How many years at your current job? What a horribly presumptuous question!
37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
38. How many states have you lived in? Three. Kentucky (~24 years), Alabama (9 months), and Georgia (2.5 years and counting)
39. How many cities\Towns have you lived in? Three again! Nicholasville, Huntsville, and Augusta. Haven’t moved much, have I?