Brooke tagged me 57 years ago to list 8 random things about myself, then tag 8 other bloggers to do the same. I’m getting around to it today, for some reason.
1. I hate our apartment. I really do. I’ve done what I can do so far to make it nice–more could obviously be done–but it finally hit me yesterday that I just hate it, and I don’t care about doing anything else to it. I loved our old apartment, and I want to live somewhere nice like that again, with a non-shotgun floor plan and vaulted ceilings and fewer bugs.
2. When I first moved here, I thought “Wife Saver” was a highly offensive name for a restaurant, and I still do. But I also thought it was hilarious, and I still do. And as you probably know, it’s one of my favorite places to eat.
3. I’m going to buy a dining room table soon. It has to be done.
4. I want to find some friends, because whenever I get the urge to go out and do something, I have no one to do it with. But when I make friends at work, they all end up leaving for other jobs. I’m lonely.
5. I just saw a picture of Allen Schezar from Escaflowne out of the corner of my eye and wondered why Kyou Kara Maou‘s Gunter had blond hair.
6. I hate being a woman. We’re more in touch with how we feel about things, which means we make decisions based more on feelings than logic, which can be good…but at the same time it makes us look emotional and flighty and illogical, which makes it hard to be taken seriously. I hate that. I don’t want men to roll over and do whatever women want in order to avoid a temper tantrum, but I don’t want men to ignore women’s feelings, either. I don’t know what a good solution is.
7. I am putting off starting my Cowboy Bebop game because I lack confidence in myself. I know this, and I know I just need to get over it and do it, but it’s hard.
8. My brother Ben keeps sending me cell phone pictures from the farm where he’s living. I want a camera phone!