My 2007 Yaris is still running fine, and it should last for several more years, but I’ve been thinking for awhile what sorts of features I want in my next vehicle. Here’s a list:
- Four doors. Two doors is cute but not convenient at all.
- Hatchback. I love the look of hatchbacks and I’d like to keep driving one. Plus it’s convenient for carrying large items.
- Either fully electric or a plug-in hybrid.
- Remote keyless entry. I had this on a previous car (my 1998 Ford Escort) and I miss it like crazy.
- Remote keyless ignition. I’d love to be able to start my car remotely when it’s freezing outside!
- Cruise control. I drive long distances too much not to have this.
- Seat warmers. They’re just so nice!
- Synchronization with my phone. This may be standard by the time I buy another car (hell, it might be standard now) but I don’t have it and I want it.
- Fabric seats. I’ve always had fabric seats and I always will.
- Fog lamps. I just like having fog lamps okay?
- Plenty of cup holders. I love the ones I have in my Yaris.
- Somewhere to put my purse that isn’t the passenger seat would be nice, though I tend to like smaller cars so this may be impossible.
That’s all I’ve thought of so far. As far as a color, I think it would be really neat to have a soft purple car, but I’m pretty sure no one makes those. I’ll probably go for blue again.