Geez, it’s the last day! And 14 min after midnight! And I’m going home in 10 1/2 hours! For good!!
I’ve just been reading this journal and it doesn’t even begin to adequately describe my experiences here. It barely scratches the surface. Hopefully the sigs & messages in the back, along with my scrapbook, will help me to remember. In the meantime, I’ll try to highlight my fave moments:
- The Star Wars movies, July 16, 17, & 18. There were some tense times concerning those. “Star Wars” went off without a hitch, but “Empire” wasn’t rewound & I barely found the projectionist in time for “Jedi”! Whew! But I pulled it off. Now I’m basically famous. :)
- Being named “most radical” in my hall, July 20. This occurred basically because I dyed my hair red. (Pink would be a more accurate term :).) Right now I have a moon tatoo on my neck. Nifty. But today the girls on my hall kinda flashed F2…I didn’t really care to get in on that!! Oh well, can’t be totally insane…:)
- Hanging out with Shannon. She’s basically my best friend here, and we’ve spent most of our time together. We’re in astronomy, so we shared some cloudy cowfields.
- Astronomy. We never, ever had a clear night in a cowfield. Ever. So we didn’t get to do as much as we should have. But we can’t control the weather…meanwhile, we watched tons of great movies, like “2001” and “Stargate” and “Darkstar” and “The Day the Earth Stood Still”. (Klatuu Baratta Nikto, It’s so quiet in here, Doolittle – Tastes like chicken! – The earth was without form, lifeless, and I was pleased – Let there be light! – I wouldn’t do that if I were you…) – and of course we must have some Star Wars quotes: “Will somebody get this big walking carpet outta my way?” “I have a very bad feeling about this.” “It’s not my fault!” “Free us, or die.” “He’s no Jedi.” “Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” “Strong am I in the Force…but not that strong.” “Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny–consume you it will!”
- Hanging out with Matt, Mike, and Shannon. Much to your surprise, I did NOT spend all my time sulking and drooling over guys. (It just happened that I only wrote in my journal during those times.)–testing a new pen…—
DAMN! Stupid pens’re running outta ink!!
- Playing piano. I used music to express my feelings when I needed to–it was great.
- Talking to Doug Griggs. My problem-solving teacher is so cool. I love him! He’s insightful & thoughtful. His class has been very challenging! :)
- Seminar. It’s been fun, once I got over Drew. Well, I probably won’t be totallyover him, but at least I’m not panting after him.*INSERTED THOUGHT*: tonight (last night) was the Final Banquet. We sat w/Focus Area. I was across from Matt & next to Shannon. Mike was next to Matt. I was about to mention something about looking for cute waiters when Matt yelled at me, “Stop lusting!” I couldn’t stop laughing for at least 5 minutes. See, spending time with Matt is great fun!!
*ANOTHER INSERTED THOUGHT*: Matt wrote that he had something to tell me before we leave. I wonder what he meant. What could he say? I’ve thought that maybe he’s fallen for me, and I wonder how I’d react. I like Matt, but I don’t know if I like him that way. I don’t know if I’m hung up on looks, or what. But then again I don’t know if that’s what he wants to tell me or not.
I remember we were sitting on One-Tree-Hill one night talking about love. He said he’s never been in love. I told him about my semi-Duncan love. He said that he was sad about never getting a close relationship with a girl. The thought entered my mind that I could learn over and kiss him and change his life. I know I blushed, and I certainly restrained myself. I don’t even know if we like each other.
- Picture-taking. I’ve managed to take some good pix, and I hope they’ll be sufficient to help me remember GSP.
- Scrapbook. I’ve been saving little items and these I’ve put in a photo album. I’ll put photos in the front. It’ll be cool.
Gonna stop now!