Savannah was awesome, and I’ll be posting up some pictures and a blurb or two as soon as possible. Until then, though, here are a few fun things:
- Reminiscent of my discussion of the “well said” phenomenon in Japan, here are some advertising quotes (I love the longer ones).
- An exciting new technology, whereby plants are used to cleanse the soil of deadly chemicals that remain after an area is mined for gold, is being implemented in South America. The plants not only absorb the mining chemicals, but the gold remaining in the ground. This gold is then used to pay the costs of the cleansing and of training the locals to farm the land once it’s cleansed. This is what technology is all about!
- This cracked me up. Just go look. (I especially love that “unique WWW address”…no wonder people needed code books back then!)
- I link this because it’s the first time I’ve laughed at Mac Hall in quite some time. The last panel just totally gets me.
- Penny Arcade, on the other hand, pretty much invariably makes me laugh. This looks like it would be fun. Sean and I are going to some sort of Asheron’s Call 2 convention in August, so I don’t know if we would be able to swing PAX, but it’s something to think about.
Speaking of trips, I’m going to Washington, DC to meet some of the folks from Sushicam this coming Friday. I’ll be lodging at the home of my very good friend from middle school, Noelle. She and her husband John are being very gracious, considering the short notice! ^^; I hope to spend some time with the two of them on Saturday, doing…something or other. Cary (my cousin, who I saw yesterday in Savannah) suggested that I try to go to Georgetown instead of looking at the monuments. She said there are lots of interesting things to see and do, and some great cafes and shops. So I’m kicking that idea around. However, since it will apparently take eight hours to get there, I will really only have Saturday in which to do stuff. It may be that I’m unable to do much sightseeing at all. But relaxing with Noelle and catching up (we last saw each other last summer, at Myrtle Beach) would be just fine with me.
That’s it for now. More on Savannah later. For now, let me just reiterate that I had a blast. :)