I MADE IT WORK!!!!!
I yelled “Woo hoo!” so loudly that it scared Sean :>
I’ve got the comments attached to the proper posts, and the little delete thingy works wonders on the empty comments.
Of course, it’s never over…now I’ve noticed that it seems to be omitting some of the HTML in the comments (like <br /> tags). Now to figure out why it’s doing that…
When I finally get the kinks worked out of the system, I will still need to edit the export file so that I can have people’s posts be submitted under their actual names. Shouldn’t be too big of a problem, but I wanted to mention that it’s not over yet.