Sean and I love Person of Interest, a show whose heroes are like a combination of Batman and James Bond. Former CIA operative John Reese has the spy skills and general badassery; partner Howard Finch brings the technological expertise. Unfortunately the show isn’t available to watch online, so we don’t see it as it airs; instead, we wait for the season to end and buy the Blu-Rays. Season one is available here.
Aside from its excellent score, written by Ramin Djawadi of Game of Thrones fame, the show is augmented by some iconic tracks, listed on the Person of Interest Wiki. Here’s a guide to buying the tracks from season one on Amazon MP3, mostly for my reference but also for yours if you’re interested. The songs are sorted by artist.
- David Bowie: I’m Afraid Of Americans (V1) (Radio Edit Of Trent Reznor Mix)
- Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse: Revenge (Feat. The Flaming Lips)
- Fever Ray: If I Had A Heart
- Handsome Boy Modeling School: The Truth
- Mason: Exceeder
- Massive Attack: Angel and Live With Me are available separately or as part of the Collected album (which also includes Teardrop, made famous by House).
- Mogwai: I Know You Are But What Am I?
- Poliça: Amongster
- Cat Power: New York
- The Radio Dept.: It’s Personal
- The Roots: Rising Down
- Nina Simone: Ne Me Quitte Pas and Sinnerman (album only) are available on The Best Of Nina Simone.
- Unkle: Burn My Shadow and When Things Explode (album only) are both available on War Stories. I believe this is the correct version of Lonely Soul.
- The xx: Intro
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Down Boy