Stuff for Friday, September 16, 2016
- Due to staying up late, slept in till 8:30
- Drank protein shake and took morning meds
Note 10:05am: I am really depressed this morning. Mainly because I wrote a short story yesterday and did not get flooded with accolades overnight. I hate how dependent I am on praise/validation. I’m hoping my walk will help.
- Dressed in workout clothes
- Went on 30-minute walk with 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown
- Rested and ate a yogurt
- Showered, and actually shaved!
Note 12:23pm: Okay wow, they say exercise is good for depression and it is true. I pushed myself on my walk, not too hard but enough—I walked up steep hills and even jogged a little. The weather was beautiful and when I was done I felt great. I didn’t care about my story not getting comments anymore. I felt very positive about the future and my ability to do things if I try. After resting I took a shower and felt good enough to stand there and shave my legs, which I hadn’t done in quite some time. It’s so nice to wear shorts again.
I’m going to lie down a bit, but I’m still feeling good. I’m glad I had that walk.
- Took a nap for about an hour and a half
- At Sean’s suggestion, went up the road to Smoothie King and got a Greek yogurt smoothie for lunch
- Did some reading
- Felt kind of cruddy so went back to bed at about 5:30pm…and slept until 12:30am! o_o
- Got up and quickly ate a Lunchable so I could take my mealtime meds
Note 1:37am: Well, I have destroyed my sleep schedule probably, but I feel okay. I didn’t really eat enough yesterday, but since I overate the day before, maybe it balances out. This weekend is JapanFest and I’m going to go, but I won’t be as active as I have in years past I guess! I may have to leave early, even. We’ll see. I’m also not sure how eating will be, I usually have lunch there but I have a feeling all the food will be really salty. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.