These are all the events going on downtown today. I was going to just link to the Downtown Augusta Alliance, but they didn’t have a description! I got this information from the Support Downtown Augusta Facebook group.
Most Downtown Businesses Open Late for a Special day of Christmas Shopping – Find Unique Gifts for everyone on your Christmas List and while you are here fill out a wish list for yourself.
Holiday Market on the River 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
8th & Reynolds
Miss Augusta Christmas Parade at 2:00 pm
At 3:30 pm, join us at the Augusta Commons for the Second Annual Christmas Light-Up Spectacular. Enjoy the ice skating rink, Santa, Polar Express, children’s activities and great entertainment by local choral groups. At 6:15 pm, Mayor Deke Copenhaver will officially turn-on the lights followed by a fireworks extravaganza.
JINGLE BELL JAM:
3:30PM: Restoration Praise Band
4:15PM: The Dickens Carolers
5:00PM: Cutno School of Dance
6:15PM: Community Sing
6:20PM: Mayor Deke throws the switch to light up downtown.
OTHER EVENTS AT THE COMMONS:
1. Salvation Army Bell Ringers
2. Food Drive: please bring a canned food item to support the Golden Harvest Food Bank to feed those in need this Christmas
3. Coat Drive: please bring a winter coat to support the Salvation Army’s coat drive. We want everyone to have a warm holiday season
4. Santa Claus: be sure to stand in line and tell Santa himself if you have been good or bad
5. Cookie Decorating: The Junior League of Augusta is calling all artists to decorate your own sugar cookie. take it home or eat it on the spot. Their famous cookbooks will be for sale and make great stocking stuffers.
6. Ornament Making: our christmas elves will be helping children make ornaments that look like Rudolph and his friends to take home and hang on their Christmas tree
7. Enjoy Hot Chocolate & Hot Cidar with St. Pauls Episcopal Church Youth Group. All proceeds will be donated to worthy causes.
8. Face Painting: special elves will be on hand to paint your face with your favorite holiday theme
9. Smores: Join the Exchange Club of Augusta and roast marshmellows over an open fire to make everyones favorite cookie with graham crackers and Hershey Bars
10. Dixie Pig: barbeque for sale
11. North Pole Post Office: kids heres your chance to send your Christmas Wish List before the holiday rush! Write your Christmas wish list and maild it directly from the North Pole Post. Official clocks will be updated during the day to see when Santa will leave for Augusta.
12. Elf School: your children will love solving word puzzles and other holiday games and earn an official diploma from Elf School signed by Santa himself
13. Hot drink & Snacks