I don’t know about all that! But it’s a fun quiz nonetheless. via @Merujo.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
It gets harder and harder over the years to come up with unique things. But I’ll do my best!
FACT 1: I used to have a lot of trouble forming social relationships. I rarely looked people in the eye. I was so afraid of looking stupid that I never reached out to anyone. If a person latched on to me, I latched back, regardless of whether or not the relationship was healthy. It took a long time for me to break the cycle. I still have trouble with either being too aloof or too involved. But now I’m outgoing and even snarky. The internet really helped–being able to have real conversations with people without all the face-to-face distractions made me crave that kind of connection in all my relationships. My current job has also been a blessing. I meet so many new people each year that I just about have to be sociable. All in all, I’m really happy with where I am now.
FACT 2: I suffer from a completely illogical guilt complex. When I got cancer, I felt guilty that my parents had to pay for my treatment and make my car payment while I couldn’t work. When our apartment burned down, I felt guilty that I had ever married Sean in the first place, because after all, if he’d never met me, he wouldn’t have been living there, so he would still have all his stuff. And I felt guilty that family members had given me hand-me-downs and they’d all been destroyed. When I discovered Magazine Man’s identity, I felt guilty for the way I’d done it, even though dozens of people figured it out that way…and that guilt has made it hard for me to relate to him, to this day.
You may not believe this, but I’m better–at least a little bit–than I used to be. When I have to give up on something, when I don’t have time or circumstances change, I don’t beat myself up about it nearly as much as I used to. But it’s still a problem for me.
FACT 3: I only have one mole. It’s on my stomach. And it doesn’t stick out or anything, so it may as well be a huge freckle. I have lots of freckles.
FACT 4: The big toe on my right foot sticks out more than the one on my left. It’s hard for me to move it inwards. The other one moves back and forth just fine.
FACT 5: I am always having ideas, often for websites, for things that I think would be cool to design–not just graphically, but organizationally. But the thought of maintaining those things usually deters me. I think my strength lies in setting things up, and then letting other people use them.
FACT 6: I can, and do, pop almost every joint on my body.
FACT 7: I love rotenburos. A rotenburo is an outdoor Japanese bath. Yes, you go into it naked, with other people around. I’ve never gone to a co-ed onsen, but I honestly think I would try it. I think this is due to a random fact we’ll call 7A: when I’m not wearing my glasses, I’m less self-conscious about how I look.
There you go, Chuck! Sorry it took so long!
Update: I realized after posting that I totally forgot to tag others. I tag: Brooke, Mari, Charles, and Kayo. I realize that’s not seven, but I don’t read a lot of blogs, and of the ones I do read most have already done this questionnaire recently. So if there’s someone out there I didn’t name who wants to do this, let me know in the comments :)
I did one called 8 Random Things once, but it looks like I didn’t tag anyone when I was done babbling about myself. I’ll try not to make that mistake this time ;>
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
So, here are seven random and/or weird facts about me.
1. I like to put my hair in my mouth. I don’t chew it or suck on it, I just hold it between my lips and then blow it out (and continue twirling it with my fingers). I didn’t realize it until I searched my archives for the word “twirl”, but I have mentioned this before ;P
2. I used to take my wedding rings off when I was at home due to my fingers getting uncomfortable, but that hasn’t been the case for quite some time now. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I took them off other than right before my shower or going to bed. I guess I got used to them!
3. I call my car Gnat, Bug, and Egg. I have also referred to it as The Pimpmobile, but I doubt anyone would agree that that is fitting. My old car had a name, but I could never remember it, and I still can’t! (My bicycle, however, is named Yuuri, aka The Maou.)
4. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
5. I cemented my role as “one of the guys” at work the other day, but I’m not going to tell you how.
6. When I was a kid, I liked to fling a pencil down eraser first onto a flat surface and then catch it on its way back up. While doing this one time, I stabbed the pencil into the middle of my hand. I know, it’s unbelievable that that could happen, right? :>
7. Also when I was a kid, I tried to get out of learning things that would have been easy for me to learn because I was lazy. Example: tying my shoes. “Why can’t I just have all-Velcro shoes?” I would protest.
Okay, it’s taggin’ time.
So there’s this thing on MySpace (and probably email) where you forward and add to a list. Reid sent out one recently where you pick a movie title and add a certain phrase to it.
I think his addition to the list was the best.
The Day the Earth Stood Still between my legs